Responsive HTML5 websites are gaining a huge popularity because of its perks offered not only to the users but also to the developers. The emergence of the responsive websites is gaining such heights that have forced the professionals as well to get an expertise over developing responsive web designs.
Those who are aware of this process can simply enjoy working on this platform and those who are still seeking the way to gain expertise can follow this tutorial.
The following guide is containing a plethora of features as well such as CSS3 transitions and animations, jQuery Slider, CSS Media Queries and much more. It will also show you the various HTML structure as well as the required scripts which are required within the step by step tutorial.
Let us get started with the defining the primary objectives if the websites and will also focus on what all of you can learn.
- You will learn the advantage of the amended modern web technologies including CSS3 and HTML 5. Apply all of these following step-by-step processes for the web content.
- You will explore creating a responsive design mockup by taking into account all the main features of the website along with the user’s needs. The tutorial will also be going to help in understanding the way of effective combine responsive web design and graphics. However, the mock-up of the website will not go to be the unique platform, but it will provide an example of the possible structure from the several standpoints. It will image the view on all three different devices including tablets, smartphones and other gadgets.
- You will also be going to notice the implementation of rules associated with responsive web design by implementing what has been analyzed within the prior results.
- A handful knowledge of CSS and HTML is suggested.
- Adobe Photoshop, code editor, 960 grid system.
- Passion for web designing.
Creating Body – Introduction
HTML5 is liable to offer a plethora of elements that can really aid in crafting highly structured web pages that are easy access. There is one more advantage of HTML5, that is, it offers a possibility to customize the web page and aids the screen readers along with search engine bots that what exactly is appearing on the page that can help to read what all are the necessary parts.
Creating Head – Meta Tags and Doctype
Let us get started by simply defining HTML5 doctype and developing the head section with an optimum number of CSS and scripts files. The doctype declaration within the HTML is easy to remember in contrast to HTML/ XHTML versions.
Creating Head – CSS Files
There are total 4 different types of CSS files that can be used. The first one is the stylesheet known as reset.css. What actually it does is just resetting the styling of HTML elements so that one can start the building of website from the scratch without any concern for the cross-browser differences.
Since all the CSS files have been included, move on to the process of adding the necessary scripts. Although HTML5 and CSS3 features are employed, one just needs several scripts to showcase all the features visible in the browsers.
The very first script that can be used is the Moderizr.js. A feature for detecting the library of HTML5 and CSS3. This will aid the user to identify whether a browser supports a specific feature or not. This will come with HTML5 that basically enable all the elements in the Internet Explorer.
Creating Body – Developing Website Structure
Always develop a website that has HTML5 elements on the basis of layout pattern. There is one more basic requirement, which is a header. The reason being is that header will include the navigation along with the logo.
Inside will be the header that can be kept in between of h1 and the paragraph. The main heading can be the website’s logo and the name or the paragraph with a motto or phrase elucidating the website.
The finish line
The main objectives of the series have been included above and a short introduction to all the necessary elements of a responsive website has been listed along with the introduction to other critical components. In order to get more exposure to the process of developing responsive web design, you can dig-out the internet and follow the important websites.