We are living in a multilingual world. Even though there are just a few most spoken languages in the world, people talk in hundreds of others. To make sure that visitors who don’t speak in your native language, or the language of your website, will be able to read the info at your website, you need to localize your site.
There are dozens of effective techniques that will teach you how to do it right; starting from manual translation up to using services of agencies that specialize in translating websites or software.
In this blog post, we’d like to give you a chance to translate your website with minimal money and time loss. This can be done only if you have corresponding software or plugins.
Let’s see what we can find for a WordPress site.
Below we’ve gathered a number of WordPress localization plugins that will help you add extra languages to your website. So let’s start:
With this plugin, you can translate WordPress plugins and themes directly in your browser.
- With Loco translate you can easily translate PO files from your admin.
- Extracts translatable strings from your code.
- Easily create or update language files directly in your website.
Easy Translator is a machine translator for blog posts, also with its help, you can make plugin translations.
- Translation is provided by Google.
- Email support built in, translators can send/resend PO files directly from the window of a plugin.
The main purpose of the plugin: translation of pages and posts on your site by Ajax. Translation plugin doesn’t work with translation services, all the texts are managed manually. The main advantage of this plugin is its simplicity and flexibility.
With the help of this plugin, you will drive more international traffic to your site by providing high-quality translation, and SEO of your translated content.
- GTS Translation Plugin will increase your traffic by 30% in 2 months.
- Supports more than 30 languages
- Secure and private server is used for translations
- Translate via crowdsourcing: create your community or use one provided by plugin devs.
- Retweet button included.
- You can use custom images for the button.
- You can easily modify UI text.
- Google Analytics tracking built in.
- Translate This Button can disable cookie that translates automatically the whole site.
- Manage languages from the dropdown.
This plugin adds translation support to WordPress into 67 languages. All translations can be manually corrected with ease.
- Drag/drop interface.
- Translates external plugins without modifying .po/.mo files.
- Automatically translates all content as well as comments.
- Can translate RSS feeds.
- Translated hidden elements like link tags, meta contents, and titles.
This is a quick and simple option for you to translate your blog by using the Microsoft Translator API.
- Translation API supports 38 languages.
- Automatically detects your source language.
- Automatically detects your visitor’s language.
- AJAX-powered translation.
- Translation ‘on demand’ included.
Well, if you ever localized a WordPress site you’re free to share your insights in the comments below, or just drop some links off.